In this tutorial, we’ll use Photoshop to give a person’s face a pale complexion. This particular tutorial works great for those who want to make someone look more pale white or sick. It’s also great for making a person’s scared expression look pale with fear.
1. Open up the person’s photograph that you want to apply the pale complexion.
2. Click the “Edit in Quick Mask Mode” button.
3. Select the Paint Brush tool and choose Black as your color.
4. Begin painting over the entire skin of the person in the photograph. While in quick mask mode, your paint will be a translucent red.
5. Use a smaller brush size to get into tighter areas.
6. Click the “Edit in Standard Mode” button.
7. Goto Select > Inverse. You should now have only the skin selected in the photograph.
8. Goto Image > Adjustments > Hue/Saturation.
9. Adjust the Saturation slider to the left until the skin becomes the pale color that you want.